For the Love of Horses
July 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Free Event For All Ages
Saturday, July 16
9:30am to 12pm
Considering becoming a rider, are a lifelong equestrian, or simply love the majestic beauty of horses? Join us for this incredible free community event celebrating Newtown’s equestrian history. Meet and interact with the horses, learn equine care through hands-on demonstrations, and experience an official color guard opening. Plus, seasoned equestrians who have their own horses are invited to join in our guided trail ride.
Joining us on the green:
- Presentation of the Colors by the 2nd Governor’s Horse Guard
- Horse trailer exploration with the 2nd Governor’s Horse Guard
- Meet and greet with “Pixie” the horse from Rising Starr Horse Rescue! Learn about the reality and responsibility of Horse ownership / hands on including talks on riding.
- Meet and greet with “Little Bear” the horse from Newtown Bridle Land Association and learn all about horse grooming and care.
- “Ask the Equine Vet” with Fairfield Equine
- Meet the Metropolitan Equestrian Team
- And want to take your riding to the next level? Learn from the best with the US Hunter Jumper Association
Special presentations at the sanctuary pavilion: 11am
- “Barefoot Trimmer” Farrier, Donna Collins demonstration on how to care for hooves and discuss the trend towards shoeless horses
Guided Trail Ride
Limited to 40 riders and must bring own horse
Trailers must park at 2nd Governor’s Horse Guard